Word Nerd 1: Astrology and Logic
I've had some good chats with folks today asking about a little clarification from my Word Nerd Wednesday video. I've been busy, I was rushing and I didn't get to say everything that was coming to me. So, some additional points:
* I say that humans "only" have personalities because of the planets. This was said hastily and is not clear. What I meant was that if our Solar System had not aligned in exactly the way it did, if our Sun was not formed exactly where it is and if our Moon did not come into the Earth's orbit in exactly the position that it did . . . humans would not exist in the way we understand ourselves over the course of humanity. The alignment of the celestial bodies of our Solar System allowed Earth to develop in just the way that it did which also made Earth the perfect environment to foster life as we know it. Thus, we (mainly, not only) exist because of the planets.
* Any woman, former woman, or non-gender conforming person with a menstrual period knows damn well the planets affect us. Yes, the Moon influences the tides of the Earth. For whatever reason, it also influences the intensity of the period. Depending on what point in the Lunar Cycle a period-having person begins to shed life-blood during any given month, they are subject to more or less intense cycles, feelings, cramps, etc. And the moon ain't even a proper planet but it affects our tiny human bodies, which is where our personality currently resides, isn't it?
* Your having a personality is the result of you having a body, which is a result of Earth being a planet with the perfect conditions to beget human life. Earth is only a perfect planet to have begat our kind because Venus, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, the Moon, etc. were all formed and placed "juuuuust right" Goldilocks style.
* These planets not only created the conditions that allowed for our species to begotten, WE ARE ALSO MADE OF STARS/SUNS AND PLANETS. Every celestial body in the Universe was created from the debris of other celestial bodies in the Universe that met their timely end. Everything that develops on a planet is made up in some way, shape or form from OTHER planets. Ones we will never know the names or lives of, but that we are descended from and made out of just the same.
* So how can you be a) MADE OF planets, be allowed for b) BECAUSE of planets, c) OWE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE to the placements and natures of said planets and yet . . . not have your personality affected by planets? Logically speaking, how does that work?
* Celestial bodies are really old and really enormous. If some crazy event takes place on Mars and changes the nature of Mars, which in turn changes the nature of our Solar System . . . you will experience, feel, know and learn that the planets have had influence over you ALL ALONG. Yo whole life. Just bow down to their greatness and respect your elders (yes, the planets are your elders).
* Free will and destiny can and do co-exist. It's a paradox, yes. Is anything truly interesting and fundamental about Existence as we know it not within paradox? It's nothing to freak out about or fear or ridicule. It just is.